Friday, January 11, 2013

Dinner is served!

I said I was going to try and post every day on the blog.  Yesterday I felt like crap and today I'm feeling exactly the same.  BUT, a promise is a promise!  This is my 2nd post of the day, so I'm making it up to you.

Even though I felt and looked like death, I managed to make dinner.  Christmas freaking miracle.  Ok, so only the family thinks it's a really complicated meal.  You don't have to tell them it isn't.  Shhhhh!!!

Here's the deets:



CROCKPOT ROAST WITH VEGETABLES



Get a good sized roast of your liking (I normally use a 2-3 pound london broil but this time I used a sirloin roast cause it was on sale).  You can use pork or chicken also, I've tried it all and it still tastes amazing.


Put that in your crockpot on high heat for the 6 hour setting.  Sprinkle these seasonings on top of the roast.

 
For the ranch since I buy it in the container, I just sprinkle on what looks the same as the package amount.

Add about 2 tablespoons of water to the seasonings that fall to the bottom.  Stir til smooth.

(Forgot to take a pic while it was raw, my bad)



Add a package of Baby bella mushrooms (whole or sliced)

 
Let that cook for about 4 hours, then add a huge bag of baby carrots (I get the 3 pound bag)

Let that cook for the reamining 2 hours.  If you aren't home during the day to add the carrots for the last two hours, you can just add them from the beginning.  They will just be more tender and fall apart a little easier.  Still yummy, though!
 
 
 


Lastly, mashed potatoes (I'm lazy so I get those Simply Potatoes that are in the refridgerated section).  Cook those in the microwave for a few minutes and then use the juice from the roast as your gravy. 

 
Here's what my son's plate looked like.  My kids don't like mushrooms, so those were all mine.  Sorry I didn't take a pic of mine. 
 
 
This is the one meal my kids NEVER, EVER, EVER complain about.  They love it.  And I hope your family likes it too!  Let me know how it works out for you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment