Friday, January 11, 2013

A heartfelt post about weight

Well, it goes like this.  I'm lazy.  Well, not completely lazy but kinda sick.  Whenever my good friend Aunt Flo (TMI?) comes to visit, I feel like a complete piece of crap.  I'm worn down and just wanna lay around, kinda like your first day of the flu.  Or maybe I have the flu cause again today I feel like a lazy bitch.  Who knows?

I obviously did NOT work out yesterday, like I planned.  It really was something I was just doing to push myself further than my goal was.  Adding a second type of Jillian Michaels DVD to my lineup was reaching for the stars, sounded great when I talked about it, but then when it came time to do it, not so much. 

I haven't done any hardcore exercise routine since my surgeries about 3 months ago.  Before that, I was killing myself doing 2 hours of cardio and weights a minimum of 6 days a week.  It was brutal.  I love to workout and feel great afterward, don't get me wrong.  BUT, that routine was tough.  In the end did I end up hurting my body by breaking it down to much?  Who knows.  But, after that I did decide to start back slowly and work my way up to something a lot more manageable.

Am I where I want to be body wise?  Weight wise?  No, not really.  I could stand to lose a good 5 pounds.  BUT, I'm a healthy BMI weight and a lot smaller than what my Doctor even advised me to be.  I think that people that hit a healthy weight and still set even lower numbers for themselves are only looking for failure.  If you're at a good weight, want to get even smaller, don't get there because you are already at a healthy weight, you give up.  I've seen it with a lot of my family and friends.  This is why I don't get so down on myself for not losing those 5 pounds.  Because you know why?  I've lost 110! That doesn't mean just don't workout and eat what you want, though.  Because the hardest part of weight loss is the aftermath....MAINTENCE! Yep, it's the worst.  More on that later.

So back to the laziness.  I'm aiming to do the Jillian Michaels DVD at least 3-4 times this week.  I've already done it twice.  I WANT to do it again today, but like I said, I'm tired and not feeling so good.  I don't want to half-ass it.  I'd rather focus on getting/feeling better.  So, if I do it today, great.  If not, there is always tomorrow.  And I'm not going to beat myself up for that!



Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment